Amada PROTECTOR M42 bandsaw blade
Magnum HL varying tooth height and set M-71 blade for metal cutting band saw suitable for Monel, K-Monel, Inconel 718, Hastelloy, Incalloy 800, Astroloy Monel 400, Titanium
- Patented M42 Bandsaw Blade especially developed for profiles and pipes
- Hardness of HRC68-69
- The "Protector" on the back side of the teeth prevents the "Domino effect"
Amada PROTECTOR bandsaw blade exclusively for structural steel, rolled sections metal cutting
Exclusively for the structural steel, strong against tooth chipping and capable of providing unparalleled high efficiency. PROTECTOR added to the back face of the tooth tip prevents excessive cutting.
- M42 cobalt high-speed steel provides superior wear resistance. Being treated with Amada’s unique heat treatment technology, this steel exhibits a performance that it highest in the class. It is broadly suitable for cutting general steel through hard-to-cut materials.
- PROTECTOR added on the back face of the tooth tip suppresses excessive cutting and prevents continuous chipping from occurring.
- As the tooth tip is made stronger, it endures impacts caused during intermittent cutting. At the same time, high cutting efficiency is assured.
- The broaching style set pattern was designed to eliminate pinching, therefore preventing the blade from binding in the cut.
Suitable for: Construction Steel, Aluminium Alloys, Copper Alloys
M42 High-Speed Steel Edge
Unique Design Tooth Form
PROTECTOR added on the back face of the tooth tip suppresses excessive cutting and prevents continuous chipping from occurring.
Wide Set Available
Positive Rake Tooth Angle
Strong Tooth Profile
As the tooth tip is made stronger, it endures impacts caused during intermittent cutting. At the same time, high cutting efficiency is assured.
The broaching style set pattern was designed to eliminate pinching, therefore preventing the blade from binding in the cut.
Wide Set Available
When a roll-formed large-size H-beam is cut, stress relieving may occur, pinching the blade. In order to prevent damage to the blade, a “WS” (Wide Set) type is available for PROTECTOR.
Extra Tough Shock Resistance
Extra Tough Tooth Strippage Resistance
Extra Fast Cutting on Structural Steel
Extra Long Life in Interrupted Structural Cutting
Low Cost Per Cut
|Edge Material||M42 HSS|
|Hardness of Tooth Tip||900 Hv|
|Wear Resistance (1 – 5)||**||(2 Stars)|
|Chipping Resistance (1-5)||*****||(5 Stars)|
The hardness of the Tooth Tip represent Amada’s average value. It is adjusted to some extent according to the types and size of the products.
* The WS (Wide set) type blade is a special saw blade with a measure against pinching which occurs easily when cutting the roll formed large size H-beam (applicable to H-beam whose width is over 400mm and mainly intended for that of 600mm or more width). The “PROTECTOR” WS type blade is a special saw blade with an intensified measure against pinching than the conventional WS type blade. Using of the WS type blade for cutting the material where no pinching would occur may shorten the service life of the blade.
Specifications may change without notice at the sole discretion of Amada’s Engineering Department.