Abrasive Cut-Off Machines
Learn about the Benefits Our Abrasive Cut-Off Machines Offer
Abrasive cut-off machines for metal cutting using abrasive discs for fast cutting and good surface finish in very hard materials.
Birkett Cutmaster is a UK designer, manufacturer and distributor of abrasive cut-off machines that provide flexible, safe and environmentally acceptable working practices. The range can meet virtually any requirement involving sawing and abrasive cutting.
- Abrasive wet and dry cutting off machines
- Special purpose cutting
Metal cutting operations using abrasive cut-off machines are used where speed of cut, and good surface finish of the cut face are important in very hard materials.
The difference is even more marked when working with:
- Very hard or difficult to cut materials
- Heat sensitive materials
- Modern, sophisticated alloys
Cutmaster has over 44 years of experience in the manufacture and supply of abrasive cut-off machines for various types of cutting operations. It is for this reason that Birkett Cutmaster can give a balanced view of suitable applications for abrasive cutting-off. The specific benefits include:
- Speed of cut, especially on solid sections
- Low heat generation on heat sensitive materials
- Cuts exotic alloys more effectively than traditional sawing methods
- Versatile in cutting a range of unusual component sections and shapes
- Foundry applications are catered for – specially designed machines are suitable for numerous cutting operations.
Suitable for hard materials where saws don’t give the fastest or best finish, such as:
- High chromium manganese alloy steels
- High speed steels
- High nickel alloys
- Nimonic alloys
- Tool steels
- Stainless steels
- Low alloy steels
- Titanium alloys
- Case hardened steel Cutmaster Capability
Tailored Solutions Cutmaster would be pleased to advise on the number and type of machines necessary to meet different volume, batch or one off requirements. If necessary, complete manufacturing cells can be specified, to provide a variety of practical solutions.
Machines can be supplied in manual, semi-automatic or fully-automatic modes to suit the following application areas:
- Production processes in volume
- Foundry applications
- Laboratory analysis Other Important Considerations
- Through their many built in features and their suitability for combining with ancillary equipment, the modern Cutmaster machines provide further reasons for adopting abrasive cut off technology.
- Safety for the operator by mechanical and electrical guard systems
- Environmental and workplace advantages from features such as dust control and noise attenuation.
- Ergonomic advantages from tailored loading and unloading equipment and work piece handling devices.
- Precision control of clamping, drives, feed rates and other semi-automatic and fully automatic features.
- Programmable machines for variable batch sizes, component dimensions and other parameters.
- Floor-to-floor times minimised by efficient methods of abrasive disc replacement and other tooling changeovers.